We are looking for a talented and skilled Engagement Designer to join one of our game teams here at Embark.
We are looking for a person who can add their knowledge, skills and experience within Meta Game, Progression, Engagement and Retention design, to a team of around 100 game makers that are in the production phase of development of a Free-to-play PvP Action Game.
As an Engagement Designer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, balancing and maintaining meta game features, including various types of player progression and player competition, that add to the player experience, and give players meaningful goals and activities to strive for over time.
You will be working closely together with the monetization team, as well as Game Production and Product Direction, in analyzing the performance of meta game features, to ensure that we are able to engage and retain consistently and over a long time, as part of the game’s Live Service ambitions.
You will also work closely together with Creative and Gameplay Direction. And you will be working cross collaboratively with Core Gamplay Designers as well as UI and UX Developers, to ensure that engagement features are presented as an attractive package that fits well with the rest of the game.
Example of responsibilities
- Design and collaborate on metagame and progression systems and features for long term player retention and engagement
- Articulating, pitching and presenting engagement features and systems for the project to adopt and develop
- Monitor trends on engagement systems in order to identify best practices, achieve optimal results and innovation
- Be a stakeholder in the frontend, to make sure that retention and engagement features are part of a cohesive experience design
- Analyze the impact of changes in the game and identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on engagement in development and as part of the Live Service
- Track the performance of engagement and retention features, and suggest alterations and improvements in live context, to achieve healthy performance indicators
- Continuously balance and optimize retention and engagement features for achieving the best player enjoyment and engagement.
It would be awesome if you
- 3+ years or more experience in similar roles
- Has shipped games AA, AAA, F2P
- Has experience with balancing in-game economies (XP, Reward Frequency, etc.)
- Experience using analytics and telemetry to make design decisions, and to advice project leadership, when needed
- Experience working on live service game
- Great cross collaboration skills
- Ability to articulate and champion features and initiatives in a diverse group of developers
- Fluency in English
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."