Are you an UX developer with an interest in games? Want to combine those interest in to a job and bring more forms of creativity to users? We are looking for a colleague to complement our current team, working on a unique project focused on enabling playful creativity.
You will be responsible for practical UX development - including prototyping but primarily creating iterating and testing interfaces for how a user interacts with a very dynamic real time 3d world. You will work with other team members to define UX goals and systems, and spend the bulk of your time implementing features, though communication and alignment are important as well.
The team you will be joining is focused on playful tools for creation - where we blend game-style play with tool style expression. You will need a mix of intuition and flexibility - as well as collaboration - to help us all figure out the new areas we are exploring.
As you consider the future of creation, you want to move beyond improving proven toolsets, and into new ways to enable users.
Example of responsibilities
- Collaborate on the design and iteration of player interfaces
- Implement those interfaces using Rust in a custom real-time in-house engine
- Explore and analyze academic and other product best practices
- User testing on prototypes, ideas, and other software
- Level-up UX understanding within the team
We would love if you have
- Several years UX work with creative applications, tools, or games
- Background prototyping UX in real-time 3d engines (Unity, etc…)
- Experience with Systems programming languages (C++, Rust others)
- Experience working in cross-platform products with different input models (touch/gamepad/mouse and keyboard)
- Experience working together with designers, artists, and other coders
Along with this, we are looking for team members with creative and curious minds, who enjoy refining existing experiences and helping to create new ones for our players.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, a generous profit-sharing program, and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome people from all backgrounds and are looking forward to reading more about you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."