As a Senior Software Engineer/ Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will play a key part in Embarks desire to reach the highest quality.
As the Creative Play project are working with UGC we strongly believe in test automation and your job will be to design and implement that enables this test flow. Your way of working will not only consist of lots of coding; it will make you an expert on all the functionalities of the creative platform!
Other than collaborating closely with team members & Tech craft leads, documenting the testing infrastructure and (of course) implementing automation tests, you will attend and drive technical project meetings. Your mission will be to involve yourself as much as possible in the foundation of our platform and technologies used.
We believe quality is everyone's responsibility; and as a Senior SDET you will be an enabler for the rest of the team!
Example of responsibilities
- Lead, design and build the test infrastructure in the Creative Play project
- Act as an advocate for testing; build the architecture but also roll out the ‘how to test’ to team to support wide usage
- Building specific test cases for features / Tracks, focus and prioritise the testing and analysis where it matters the most.
- Support team members to ensure that they have the information needed to improve the quality of the platform
We would love if you have
- Multiple years of experience with systems programming with a strong architectural mindset (you will build everything in Rust)
- Worked w software testing in professional capacity
- Experience in modifying and working with large codebases
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD systems (GitHub Actions, Jenkins, TeamCity or other)
- Experience with test automation tools (Selenium, Appium, TestNG or other)
- Knowledge of software architecture and API design for application testing purposes
- Experience of working in Games companies are meritorious
- Motivation to drive test automation efforts with the development team and proactively collecting and implementing feedback
- Professional English communication skills: you'll discuss a lot with other colleagues / different crafts in the team (Rendering, infra, designers, ML etc.)
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."