Our Creative Play team is looking for an Audio Lead with a broad view of interactive audio and a strong interest in enabling players to create. We are building a social environment for creation - and working on flexible and fun ways for users to express themselves.
In the role, you will help drive the overall vision for how all kinds of sound can amplify experiences of many different scopes, styles, and tone. This may involve procedural tools, remix style mashups, small curated sound libraries, and more. Our worlds are highly varied, with a range of physical interactions, talking creatures, and more - so the audio approach must embrace a wide range of possibilities.
We have built our own core tech, so you will need a generally strong technical background, as well as comfort with early stage tools. You will help in understanding the technical capabilities and defining next steps, as well as helping determine priorities.
The team is extremely cross-functional, so you will collaborate with designers, coders, and artists - all with a focus on enabling user creativity. This will involve brainstorms, prototyping - and of course some dead ends along the way - so ideally you find the fun of exploring the future.
Example of responsibilities
- Drive the overall audio artistic vision and approach
- Leading the audio efforts and figuring out what tech and tools we need to execute on our vision and then make it happen
- Create audio content
- Concept and collaboration on ways users can create audio
- Innovate and drive research in our audio stack and usage.
We would love if you have
- Background in interactive audio - ideally in games with some simulation and/or procedural elements
- A degree of comfort in early software, and in engaging with users of that early software
- Enjoy playing around with audio synthesis and technologies
- Some coding experience and/or a deeper understanding of audio engine implementation details is beneficial
- Self motivation and experience with innovation
- Professional English communication skills.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."