As a machine learning research engineer at Embark you will be a game maker, using machine learning to create new ways to enhance experiences in interactive entertainment for players!
You will be spending your time building intelligent tools and artificial intelligence systems, integrating them into actual games. Your focus will be on reinforcement learning, applying in areas like animation and character AI.
As a machine learning software engineer at Embark you will of course collaborate closely with the rest of the game team and studio; together we will make sure to build that enhanced game experience that we today only can imagine.
Example of responsibilitie
- Implement working applications from ML and RL methods described in the literature
- Evaluate and compare experiments, come up with metrics, verify improvements
- Create ML-based tools to simplify and amplify game development
- Stay current with new research and share that knowledge with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with designers, content creators and gameplay software engineers
We would love if you have
- Experience from implementing machine learning methods, including reinforcement learning
- Understanding of the scientific method, and the patience to conduct experiments that sometimes are slow to yield results
- Experience as game developer, working with professional game engines, using C++, Python, Rust or similar languages
- Solid experience with common ML frameworks
- Professional English communication skills
- ...and that you have a curious mind that wants to explore the are of machine learning
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability. Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."