Does working on a project with many unknowns and huge potential discoveries sound exciting? Are you ready to stretch yourself exploring uncharted territories?
Of course, not having a script to follow is both the intrigue and the challenge. If you enjoy looking at problems holistically, considering the big picture and zooming in to focus on details this might be for you!
At Embark we have a strong team who we believe in, and we place our trust in you. We are a hybrid-remote team, and value developers who take initiative, and communicate and collaborate across the project.
In this role you will explore new areas and take responsibility for the mobile experience within the Creative Play project. Just like some of your peers, you are interested in Rust development and you can handle both low-level and high-level tech. You are highly interested in interactive experiences, and even though you deep dive into tech - you work on solutions through a user-first lens.
Example of responsibilities
- Design and implement software at multiple levels of the software stack
- Drive mobile efforts to make sure the platform can run efficiently on mobile devices (Android) including adaptation of gameplay
- Design and implement API:s, platform specifics, touch, resolution etc - basically cover all related to mobile that is built into our tech stack (Rust, own built engine)
- Collaborate and work closely with fellow Creative play colleagues (UX, Design, Gameplay Engineers etc.)
We would love if you have
- A background from both software engineering, and gameplay
- Experience from building a game that runs on mobile
- Strong will to learn Rust (Experience with Rust is meritorious!)
- Senior full stack dev experience; you know how to build it, always with the user in mind.
- Professional communication skills in English
- The ability to be a great team player with good communication skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."