As a Functional QA Analyst at Embark, you are an integral part of the team's desire to reach the highest quality. Together with the team you will be a part of building and enabling QA workflows within Project Creative Play.
You will get to know the creative platform inside and out and focus and prioritise the testing and analysis where it matters the most. Creativity and innovation will be the driving factors of your day to day activities!
We believe quality is everyone's responsibility and as a Functional QA Analyst you will be an enabler for the rest of the team. We also strongly believe in test automation and you will play a key part in finding areas where testing can be automated or improved.
Example of responsibilities
- Work closely with the designers, developers and production to find ways to improve the quality of our creative platform.
- Focused and structured testing of areas on the platform which are not yet automated.
- Assist the team in finding or reproducing difficult bugs.
- Exploratory testing of features under development.
- Support the team by performing regular smoke testing and reporting of any issues found.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for current and upcoming features.
- Offer assistance with setting up internal and external play sessions.
Long term you’ll play a crucial part in scaling the QA team internally and externally.
We would love if you have
- At least four years of experience with QA related work
- Experience using issue & project tracking software such as JIRA, GitHub, DevTrack or similar
- A strong interest in playing and understanding games & creative platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally (English is our primary language)
- Experience from programming or automation is a plus
- Outgoing personality, comfortable with driving conversations and providing feedback
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."