Are you a Game programmer or a Programmer focusing on UI/UX with an interest in games? Are you interested in bringing new forms of creativity to users? We are building a social environment for creation - centered on flexible and fun ways for users to express themselves.
You will be working with practical UX development - including prototyping but primarily creating, iterating and testing interfaces for how a user interacts with a very dynamic real time 3D world. You will work with other team members to define UX goals and systems, and spend the bulk of your time implementing features.
The team you will be joining is focused on playful tools for creation - where we blend game-style play with expressive tools. You’ll work with the team to find ways to build direct, engaging, and fun ways for players to remix and evolve the worlds they are in - balancing maximal possibilities with minimal overhead.
At Embark we have a strong team who we believe in, we place our trust in you. We have faith that by giving you the platform to challenge yourself and the space to learn from lessons along the way, we will collectively reach our goals. We are a hybrid-remote team, and value team members who take initiative, and communicate and collaborate across the project.
Example of responsibilities
- Collaborate on the design and iteration of player interfaces
- Implement those interfaces using Rust in a custom real-time in-house engine
- Explore and analyze academic and other product best practices
- User testing on prototypes, ideas, and other software
We would love if you have
- Experience with Systems programming languages (C++, Rust others)
- Background prototyping UX in real-time 3D engines (Unity/Unreal, etc…)
- Experience working in cross-platform products with different input models (touch/gamepad/mouse and keyboard)
- Experience working together with designers, artists, and other coders
- If you have worked with UX for creative applications, tools, or games that’s meritorious.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."