Do you believe that making games should be for everyone? Does working on a project with many unknowns and huge potential discoveries sound exciting? Are you ready to stretch yourself exploring uncharted territories?
Of course, not having a script to follow is both the intrigue and the challenge. If you enjoy looking at problems holistically, considering the big picture and zooming in to focus on details this might be for you!
At Embark we have a strong team who we believe in, we place our trust in you. We have faith that by giving you the platform to challenge yourself and the space to learn from lessons along the way, we will collectively reach our goals. We are a hybrid-remote team, and value developers who take initiative, and communicate and collaborate across the project.
In the Creative Play project we have unique physical and animation needs since we are creating a physics driven gameworld with independent ML-build based creatures closely linked to our own game engine and gameplay. On this platform we enable others to create as well which also leads to exciting challenges in UGC.
We are now looking for a skilled software engineer within Physics and animation to strengthen our team of great engineers and researchers and help us get even more gameplay value by adding an experimental approach for physics in games.
Example of responsibilities
- Use an existing physics engine to implement gameplay and animation features.
- Build believable procedural physics animation system.
- Improve the integration between the physics engine and our game engine.
- Write code, experiment and test out new techniques on our physics engine to achieve great results.
- Connect design ideas and engine realities into achievable in-game systems.
- Close collaboration across the team and particularly with gameplay and design.
We would love if you have
- Knowledge on how physics engines work, done a lot of cool stuff with physics engines and knows how to achieve good results.
- A solid background as a software engineer with physics/animation in Games and/or possibly robotics and robotics simulation.
- Experience writing optimized low level code, and optimizing existing code for new use cases.
- Experience in Rust, C++ or other modern programming languages
- Professional English communication skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."