As Gameplay Engineer you will be joining our Creative Play project, where we are building a social game space - focused on fun, approachable ways for users to express themselves through creation, sharing, and play.
You will be joining a small team building new creative experiences, creating and refining ideas, and then rapidly prototyping and iterating. Together you will build creative experiences, improve cutting edge technology and of course – code!
At Embark we have a strong team who we believe in, we place our trust in you. We have faith that by giving you the platform to challenge yourself and the space to learn from lessons along the way, we will collectively reach our goals. We are a hybrid-remote team, and value developers who take initiative, and communicate and collaborate across the project.
Example of responsibilities
- Implementing and iterating on new and existing gameplay elements (player controls, functionality, in-game tool behaviors and more!)
- Working closely with designers and other teams (“tracks”) on prototyping new and experimental features
- Proactively experiment with game improvement ideas; share and collaborate on the results with the team
- Rust coding, reviewing PRs, helping onboard new engineers
- Explore and understand creative tools, and learn from them
- Communicate across the team and engage in feedback
- Take part in internal playtests, share your feedback and let your creativity drive your and your team’s work!
We would love if you have
- Worked on projects featuring systemic layered gameplay and player-facing creative elements.
- Experience in Rust, C++ or other modern programming languages
- Game system experience, e.g. physics, game mechanics, game AI, ECS, etc
- Experience with 3D games
- Participated in game jams or other small focused creative development
- Played with Roblox, Dreams, Mario Maker, and UGC based games (or similar)
- Professional English communication skills
- Willingness to be dynamic and jump between different areas
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."