Are you interested in new new approaches to visuals and rendering and want to be a part of something no-one has ever made before? As a Senior Rust rendering engineer at Embark you'll be working with a team of passionate individuals, on a brand new state-of-the-art engine written in Rust.
You will not only be a part of Embarks mission to democratize the development of games and other interactive experiences, you will also be part of deciding and developing the specific needs and features for our new platform which will evolve over time. You will help lead the team on of how to design and build our rendering pipeline within all relevant areas.
Examples of responsibilities
- Take lead on of how to design and build our rendering pipeline and coach your fellow engineers
- Implementing new rendering features from scratch in our custom Rust engine
- Debugging and optimizing the performance of existing rendering features and related code, across multiple GPU architectures
- Designing and implementing high level APIs that allow convenient access to the implemented rendering features
- Communicating with other teams or other parts of the team, collaborative API design, prioritization of tasks
We would love if you have
- Previous experience with writing rendering code in Vulkan, Metal, Direct3D, OpenGL or similar
- Good knowledge of GPU shader programming (GLSL/HLSL, vertex/fragment/compute)
- Experience writing production code in Rust and/or C/C++ or similar
- A good understanding of computer graphics in general, and the basics of the math behind it
- Professional English communication skills
Along with this, we are looking for team members with creative and curious minds, who are interested in discovering new solutions together with the team.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability. Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."