As a Technical Animator at Embark you will play a key role in defining, developing and implementing the future of movement and animation in games. You work as a bridge between different crafts, help different roles come together and work as one towards our vision and goals.
At Embark we are challenging the conventional creation of animation within the games industry and we are looking into new ways to be creative, ranging from procedural animation to state of the art tool sets and pipelines that will deliver new and amazing experiences. If this sounds like something that would make your life more interesting and fun, apply to Embark!
Examples of responsibilities
- Act as a link between multiple crafts such as Art, Animation, Design and Programming
- Create procedural tools to generate animations, different behaviors and reactions
- Build and develop tools to breathe life into the characters, creatures and objects to create a living and dynamic game experience
- Drive procedural animation and related deep learning initiatives
- Work together with different crafts, roles and people to enable the team to deliver experiences according to artistic direction, game direction and technical direction, as well as hitting production deadlines
- Evaluating different softwares, techniques, engines and pipelines
- Participate in playtests and provide feedback on the game
We would love if you have
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience such as Technical Artist, Animator, Technical Animator, Tools Programmer, etc.
- A strong passion for animation, games and relevant technologies
- Solid experience with relevant software used in generation of content, both traditionally crafted and procedural
- An understanding of code in Python or similar languages
- Great understanding and ability to work according Game and Animation direction, as well as technical constraints
- Excellent understanding of movement and dynamics
- Great organizational skills, ability to work within deadlines and manage your own time
- A great team player mentality with strong communication skills
- Games industry experience is not required but preferred
- A curious mind, versatile and able to adapt to different engine and pipelines
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."