As a Narrative Producer, you don’t just write content and forget about it. There is an ongoing, collaborative process in which you need to participate actively, from creation to implementation. All of the words you write subtly reinforce the creative vision of the game, whether it’s through the description of an object in the world or through voice-over lines.
You’re a master collaborator and communicator, capable of working with all game crafts, and you have a good understanding of narrative-related pipelines in free-to-play games. You have excellent writing and editing skills, and you have a keen understanding of tone of voice.
Example of responsibilities
- Write content and edit copy that will appear in a game, in a community forum, or in marketing material
- Work with the audio team to deliver on the emotional tone of the creative vision, by regularly writing voice-over lines
- Create narrative systems that help to support gameplay
- Work with the UI team to reword on-screen content to fit specifications
- Undertake research to obtain factual background information relevant to a story, and to implement the findings
- Write and maintain documentation about IPs (e.g., style guides and world books), thereby allowing for consistency in writing across all game crafts
- Act as a champion of the story and narrative design in cross-discipline teams
We would love if you have
- Experience with publishing pipelines
- Ability to turn abstract ideas into simple sentence
- Ability to receive feedback openly (sometimes it takes several drafts to align writing to the creative vision, and that can mean rewrites or heavy edits)
- Ability to switch between strategic work and tactical work
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Native-level fluency in English
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."