As Senior Security Engineer, you will play an important role in securing the success of Embark by engaging in scaling our application/software security affords and ensuring the quality and performance of our services. You will work in the Security function and report to the Information Security Lead. The role includes driving and owning security in the software development lifecycle with the goal of improving the security properties and attributes of our applications and production systems.
The Security function is focused on creating a safe and secure environment for our gamers and all Embarkers to build awesome products. Some examples of services we’re working on are matchmaking, authentication, gameserver infrastructure, etc. Some of the technologies we use to make all of those are Go, C++, Rust, GCP, AWS, Bazel, Terraform, Spanner, Kubernetes.
You have previous experience working as a security engineer or multiple years as an engineer within agile teams. You often act as an informal leader and you can give multiple examples of when somebody listened and followed you.
While having a high drive and having the ability to make things move forward, you also can foresee upcoming strategic decisions. Your versatility helps you make your team deliver scalable security solutions for the future.
As an Embarker, you strongly believe in fostering a culture of involvement, trust, and transparency. Your team members feel included in decisions and understand how the company culture is incorporated in the determination.
Example of responsibilities
- be a technical sounding board and take part in architectural discussions and decisions
- consulting and supporting developers and engineers, to hands-on software development
- support teams with code reviews and threat modeling
- manage vendors during security assessments and when not utilizing vendors, conduct our own security testing with various tools
- validating issues and vulnerabilities for relevancy before mitigation by deploying controls or one-off mitigations (all layers of the Embark technology stack)
- design/build/validate and deploy distributed security systems
- create security coding standards for developers and engineers
- act as security incident manager
We would love if you have
- extended experience in both general information security but also developer background, with previous experience developing large scale system
- a versatile engineer that can operate in all domains of security and be able to explain security complications to the whole company.
- experience in managing security projects involving several stakeholders and technologies
- experience from a high-paced engineering organization working with CI/CD, scalability, and automation, etc.
- you are experienced in working with a diverse set of partners and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions
- you have solid experience from a product company working in an agile environment and care about processes, development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- strong organizational and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
- experience in the gaming industry is a big plus
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."