AI Designer - Games
We are looking for a talented Game Designer to join one of the game teams here at Embark, a team that is currently numbering around ~100 developers.
For this role, we are especially looking for a designer who has experience in designing and working with AI and NPC systems, including AI behavior and decision making, for excellent gameplay experiences.
You will be responsible for detailed design work on a project, writing, iterating and implementing designs for features and mechanics, around non-player agents and AI driven enemies, delivering high quality, balanced and scalable systems and player experiences for a 3D PvP Action Game, with large Live Service ambitions.
You will collaborate closely with the other AI designers and AI engineers of the project, in refining concepts and ideas into tangible designs, prototypes and features, as well as Production leadership helping in articulating and establishing estimates, project scope and timelines.
You will also own and spearhead game features directly, and work hands-on in cross disciplinary teams while implementing Gameplay Features, together with Animators, Coders and other design disciplines.
Examples of responsibilities:
- Design, implement and tweak AI behaviors and stimuli to create fun and interesting gameplay experiences
- Balance and tweak AI difficulty
- Work with world designers in establishing optimal conditions for the AI to perform well
- Contribute in designing and implementing core AI systems, including path finding, behavior trees, states and transitions, etc.
It would be awesome if you have some of these:
- 3+ years of experience designing and making games and a proven track record with shipped games.
- Experience working with AI design and systems for games.
- A good grasp of AAA PvP gameplay and game and systems design, including player psychology, UX design and gameplay mechanics and dynamics.
- Proficiency with the Unreal Engine and experience with Blueprints and scripting.
- A creative and curious mind.
- A good knowledge and familiarity with the various game maker disciplines, coding, animation, game physics, 3D Art, etc.
- A great creative collaborator in cross disciplinary groups
- Professional English communication skills.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."
We empower everyone to create games
To realize this dream of ours, we explore and apply the latest technology, and we reimagine what games can become and how they should be built. All of us at Embark take part in shaping our culture. We succeed together, we fail together, and we learn together. If you’re passionate about games and our mission, bring your expertise, your enthusiasm, your crazy ideas, and let’s change the games industry forever. At Embark we offer a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
AI Designer - Games
Loading application form