As a Data Backend Engineer in the data team at Embark you will be a gamemaker focused on building the tools and simulation models needed to support the creation of the most fun, balanced, and engaging games possible.
The data team at Embark is small and focused on making sure that game design and development have a data model and reporting system that provide the necessary data and analysis to serve every aspect of the business. As our game is distributed between game client, game server and in the cloud, you’ll work together with your team to figure out which parts of the problem to solve in which location. At Embark, we believe in creating smaller teams of well-aligned experts that can be trusted to keep things running smoothly while exploring innovative solutions.
Some of the technologies we currently use are Python, Go, GCP, Typescript, Bazel, Terraform, Kubernetes and BigQuery. As a data backend engineer, your focus is to build services that not only work well, but are also easy to maintain, extend and deploy.
Example of responsibilities
- Architect and develop our telemetry and analytics pipeline with a focus on the backend services and applications
- Build and improve backend services and tools for data-driven game development
- Continuously improve our engineering practices and automate existing workflows to make sure our services are easy to deploy, scale and maintain.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to build solutions that the players (and fellow game makers) love.
We would love if you have
- A passion for interactive experiences, games and new technologies
- A solid understanding about distributed systems and experience building them on a cloud infrastructure
- A solid understanding about Site Reliability Engineering practices and what it takes to keep services running smoothly around the clock
- A good grasp of performance, optimization and observability
- Experience with some of the technologies we use such as Python, Go and GCP
- The ability to be a great team player with good communication skills
- Professional English communication skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."