As our Telemetry Engineer at Embark you are a key person to ensure that the Data Science team has all the information necessary to understand and improve the high-quality, polished experiences we want to provide to our players. The current team consists of a Telemetry Engineer and a Senior Data Engineer and in close collaboration with them you will define and implement telemetry events in the game.
We think you have a background as a Software Engineer and an interest in data. The game we're making is built in Unreal, using C++, blueprints and a scripting language called Angelscript. The Role is flexible and can either be focused on working with Unreal Engine and C++ or to be leaning towards working with the Go backends, data pipelines and making automation tools. We believe in your ability to cleave your own path and ways of working.
Example of responsibilities
- Implement telemetry events and develop the framework for sending telemetry within the game code base using C++ and Rust
- Work closely with the Game Designers and the Data Science team to design and create telemetry specifications
- Build tools to make the data more available to our data engineers and data scientists
- Create and automate test systems to reduce manual quality testing
Extending the Telemetry Viewer plugin in Unreal Engine
We would love if you have
- A creative and curious mind
- Love for data
- Strong Experience with C++, Rust or similar languages
- Interest in or experience from working with game engines, e.g. Unreal or Unity
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- A good grasp of performance, optimization and data structures
- The ability to be a great team player with good communication skills
- Professional English communication skills.
- Experience from game development is meritorious
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."