The creative play project are looking for a UI programmer (Contractor) to join us asap until end of 2022, with possible extension into 2023!
We are looking for a colleague to complement our current team, working on a unique project focused on enabling playful creativity. You will be responsible for practical UX development - including prototyping but primarily creating iterating and testing interfaces for how a user interacts with a very dynamic real time 3d world. You will work with other team members to define UX goals and systems, and spend the bulk of your time implementing features, though communication and alignment are important as well.
The team you will be joining is focused on playful tools for creation - where we blend game-style play with tool style expression.
Example of responsibilities
- Collaborate on the design and iteration of player interfaces
- Implement those interfaces using Rust in a custom real-time in-house engine
- Explore and analyze academic and other product best practices
- User testing on prototypes, ideas, and other software
- Level-up UX understanding within the team
We would love if you have
- Several years UX work with creative applications, tools, or games
- Background prototyping UX in real-time 3d engines (Unity, etc…)
- Experience with Systems programming languages (C++, Rust others)
- Experience working in cross-platform products with different input models (touch/gamepad/mouse and keyboard)
- Experience working together with designers, artists, and other coders
As you'll be working with our European colleagues it'd be nice if you are stated in a similar time zone! (UTC/GMT +2 hours)
We welcome people of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability. Please apply with confidence.
We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this gig doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."