Creating experiences is magical… but everyone should be able to do it! We are trying to realize this dream by creating games, communities, and building empowering technologies. If you are passionate about our mission, bring your expertise, enthusiasm and ridiculous ideas. Everyone at Embark contributes as game makers and culture creators. Your willingness to fail and learn with us, and enjoy it, is essential to our success.
You will work closely with the design team and learn together how we can optimize the game for maximum enjoyment while at the same time providing incredible value for players that want to invest more than time.
While retention and re-engagement is highly prioritized as opposed to short-term profits, we also want to minimize buyer’s remorse. Instead, we want our paying players to become the most passionate advocates for the game, even long after they’ve decided to leave.
Your role will be to support the producer(s), product manager(s) and game team(s) with data, insight, design, methodology, knowledge and ideas in your joint goal to create sustainable, player-friendly monetization in our game titles, as well as retention mechanics, systems and experiences that provide interesting and meaningful engagement for our players for a long time.
We believe that you’re a master collaborator with long experience from working with all game crafts and you have a deep understanding of the specific challenges each craft tries to meet when developing and operating a free-to-play game.
In addition to working on the project, you’re also an evangelist for free-to-play across the whole company by actively trying to improve the culture, process and craftsmanship for free-to-play among all of our game makers.
Examples of responsibilities
- Design, implementation and evaluation of our monetization strategy including quantitative and qualitative analysis, as well as any available automation and simulation strategies
- Responsible for in-game virtual store including recommendations and contributions towards catalog and pricing strategy for micro-transactions
- Joint optimization with marketing, acquisition and crm teams for the entire user journey
- Be a key stakeholder in game frontend presentation and flow for engagement and game economy features
- Design and collaborate on metagame, progression and economy systems for long term player retention and engagement
- Analyze the impact of changes in the game, identify opportunities that will have a positive impact on monetization and engagement in development and post launch
- Help defining key performance indicators (KPIs) related to monetization, analyze KPI reports and share information with the team and stakeholders to identify and predict trends
- Evangelize free-to-play across the company and inspire artists, programmers, designers, and others involved in the development process to create products and features which drive higher monetization while keeping the quality bar as high as possible
- Monitor trends on monetization in order to identify best practices, achieve optimal results and innovation
It would be awesome if you have some of these
- 3+ years or more experience in equivalent roles
- Experience developing, launching and operating free-to-play games with proven track record of improving KPI:s
- Excellent understanding of acquisition, retention and monetization concepts
- Understanding of automated processes for creation of personalized content sales
- Some understanding of AAA gameplay and game design, including player psychology, UX design, gameplay design.
- Ability to design and continuously improve the optimization process of any given game
- Experience with experimental design and/or AB Testing for data driven designs
- Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Able to adapt to varied learning and communication styles of team members and others.
- Enjoyment of creative collaboration with the whole team and company.
- Professional English communication skills.
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."