Creating experiences is magical… but everyone should be able to do it! We are trying to realize this dream by creating games, communities, and building empowering technologies. If you are passionate about our mission, bring your expertise, enthusiasm and ridiculous ideas. Everyone at Embark contributes as game makers and culture creators. Your willingness to fail and learn with us, and enjoy it, is essential to our success.
As a lighting artist at Embark you use your magic to make the world come alive with the help of light. You play a critical role enhancing the emotional experience and the gameplay elements of the game.
Examples of responsibilities
- Collaborate with Environment Artists, Concept Artists and Art Directors to deliver the visual mood from reference, mood boards and concept art
- Create mood boards and collect references according to the Art Direction
- Work close to Level Designers to establish a lighting that both supports and enhances the desired gameplay
- Create skies and other atmospheric visual effects
- Evaluating different softwares, techniques, engines and pipelines
We would love if you have
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional lighting experience
- A strong passion for art, games and relevant technologies
- Excellent visual skillset and deep artistic understanding and knowledge
- Follow directions and deliver to quality from a visual, game play and technical perspective
- Great understanding and ability to work according Game and Art Direction as well as technical constraints
- Great communication and collaboration skills
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our "Open Application."